Health Watch Slough
Your spotlight on local services
c/o Citizen Advice Bureau
27 Church Street
Telephone 01753 325 333
If you need help and advice in respect of health and social care services, support with a complaint against an NHS funded service, or you wish to share your experience, you can find Healthwatch Slough at your local Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB).
Healthwatch will give people a powerful voice locally and nationally. At a local level, local Healthwatch will work to help local people get the best out of their local health and social care services. Whether it's improving them today or helping to shape them for tomorrow. Local Healthwatch is all about local voices being able to influence the delivery and design of local services. Not just people who use them, but anyone who might need to in future.
What Is Healthwatch?
Healthwatch is the new independent consumer champion created to gather and represent the views of the public. Healthwatch will play a role at both national and local level and will make sure that the views of the public and people who use services are taken into account.
What We Do
Local Healthwatch has taken on the work of the Local Involvement Networks (LINks) and will also:
- represent the views of people who use services, carers and the public on the Health and Wellbeing boards set up by local authorities
- report concerns about the quality of health care to Healthwatch England, which can then recommend that the Care Quality Commission take action
How We Work
Every voice counts when it comes to shaping the future of health and social care, and when it comes to improving it for today. Everything that local Healthwatch does will bring the voice and influence of local people to the development and delivery of local services.
People need to feel that their local Healthwatch belongs to and reflects them and their local community. It needs to feel approachable, practical and dynamic and to act on behalf of local people.
- We're helping you to shape and improve the services you use.
- We're engaging with people in your community & if you haven't met us yet, please get in touch!
- We're an open organisation and want to make it easy for you to talk to us
- We're inclusive & we want people from every part of your community to join us
- Ask us what we're doing & we'll always tell you what's happening.
- You can hold us to account
- We're here to help services to improve.
- We'll notice the bad things they do, and the good
- We use your evidence to build a true picture of your local services
How We Are Set Up
Healthwatch Slough is a Social Enterprise. That is, a company that acts for the benefit of the community. We will be led by a Board of Directors. We already have two Executive Directors, one appointed by each of the organisations in our partnership - Help & Care and Citizens' Advice Slough. We have recruited three Non-Executive Directors to fill specific roles on the Board - one to be the Chair, one to have the lead on Governance and one to have the lead on inclusion.