COVID 19 UPDATE - IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PATIENTS
Wexham Road Surgery is now in a phase of LOCK-DOWN due to the COVID-19 Pandemic to protect vulnerable patients and health care staff. The majority of consultations will take place over the phone.
You will NOT be allowed access into the building unless you have a pre-booked face-to-face appointment that has been agreed with a clinician over the phone.
- If you have a pre-booked appointment please wait OUTSIDE, you will be called when we are ready to see you.
- Please use e-consult or the Wexham Road Surgery website to request all repeat prescriptions, if you do not have access to these facilities then you can post the repeat into our post box.
- All Prescriptions will be sent directly to the pharmacy (please add your nominated pharmacy to your repeat if we do not already know this). You will NOT be allowed to collect the prescription from the Surgery. If you have not nominated a pharmacy it will be sent to Lloyds pharmacy located opposite the surgery.
- If you would like to book an appointment to speak to a doctor, please call the Surgery or use e-consult which you can find on the Wexham Road Surgery website. You will not be able to make an appointment at the reception desk.
- All Letters, Correspondence and sick notes will be available for collection between 8am – 10am and 4pm – 6pm Monday to Friday from Farnham Road Surgery. You will NOT be allowed in to collect paperwork at any other time.
20th March: Get a Sick note via 111 ONLINE
Use this service if you have to stay at home because of coronavirus and you need a note for your employer.
If you have to stay at home but feel well enough to work, ask your employer if you can work from home. If you can work from home, you will not need an isolation note.
You can also use this service for someone else.
23rd March: Important Patients Notice
To ensure continuity of availability of medication to those who need it most, we are adopting the following protocol in our practice. Inhalers and Paracetamol only to be issued where there is a clinical indication. Only one inhaler will be issued at a time. We recommend paracetamol is purchased from pharmacies. Repeat prescription requests for early or extra medication will not be accepted. Please continue to order your medication only when it is due and order online. Please register to receive prescriptions electronically. Thank you.
Welcome to 242 Wexham Road Surgery
Welcome to 242 Wexham Road Surgery, we are a part of Farnham Road Practice. We always put our patients first and treat them as we would want to be treated ourselves.
Our values underpin the success of our practice:
- Integrity: being trustworthy, reliable and respectful
- Transparency: being open in actions and communications
- Teamwork: fostering a strong team spirit in both decision making and actions
- Fairness & equality: treating our colleagues, patients and staff equitably and with dignity and respect
- Innovation: being responsive to novel ideas and developing services to achieve excellence in patient care
Children's Flu Immunisation Survey
Are you a parent of a child aged between 2 and 11 years old living in Slough? If so, your local NHS would appreciate your help in completing a short survey on the flu. Please click on the following link to complete - https://bit.ly/2SSELSo.
Each year, the NHS works closely partnership with others to try and protect people from flu, especially those more at risk of developing serious complications such as people aged 65 and over; pregnant women; and young children. These groups are all eligible for a free flu vaccination on the NHS. Whilst the uptake of the flu vaccine is generally good in many of the groups and in line with national averages, Slough has always seen a lower uptake of the children’s flu immunisation than other local areas. Despite local efforts to address this, there have been no significant changes over the years. The short survey has been designed to help the partnership understand the potential reasons behind there being a lower uptake locally.
(Site updated 02/04/2020)