Book your Appointments via Patient Access
How does Patient Access work?
242 Wexham Road Surgery uses a clinical information system to manage patient records. Each time you have a consultation with a clinician or test results are sent back from the lab, the details are recorded to build up your medical history and help with your future care. The practice also uses the system to book appointments, send letters and update your contact details. Patient Access is a website that displays information from the practice's system and allows you to:
View and book available appointments.
View your medication and request further prescriptions.
Send messages to your practice.
View your medical record.
How to register with Patient Access?
Please request a copy of patient access registration form at the reception.
Fill out this form and take it to the practice, you'll need to take proof of identity (e.g. your driving licence or passport) with you.
When you have a registration letter, use the steps below to set up your Patient Access account.
Create your Patient Access account
- On the Patient Access sign in screen, select Register now.
- Enter your personal details.
Note: The gender field is optional.
- Enter your account details.
Note: The Mobile phone and Marketing fields are optional.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Select Create account.
- The account is created. Next choose one of the following options:
- Link your GP practice (to link to your practice).
- Skip for now (you can always link later using the Navigation pane or the My Account section (available when you select your name)).
- Your account has been created.
Link to your practice
Next use the registration letter to link to your practice.
- Select Link Your GP Practice, at either the end of the registration process detailed above, or from the navigation pane.
- Enter the practice postcode or name of where you are currently registered.
- Select Search.
- Select your practice from the list provided.
- Select Continue.
- Below the question 'Have you received a registration letter from your practice?', select Yes.
- Enter the Linkage key (which is recorded on the registration letter).
- Enter the Account ID (which is recorded on the registration letter).
- Select Confirm.
- Check your personal details and enter either your house number, flat number, or street number, then select Continue.
Note: The personal details must match the details held by your practice.
- Confirm (enter) your password, then select Link Account.
- On the confirmation screen, select Done.
Your account has been linked to your practice
More can be found in this video.
Already registered? Sign in to Patient Acess:
Book your Appointments via My Gp App
The myGP app lets you book GP appointments, order repeat prescriptions and set up medication reminders on your smartphone.
You can add family members to the app to help you take care of them, too.